Hello, Science! + writing

Math.Net Numerics

I’ve been a fan of doing numerical computation on the.NET platform for a very long time. This interest landed me an internship at Microsoft Research with Don Syme’s team in 2007 where we investigated F# suitability for scientific computing. After the internship, I joined the open source community helping out with writing a kick-ass numerical library for the.NET platform.

Today, I am quite proud to announce that we are releasing the final beta of our open source project: Math.Net Numerics. Moreover, with this announcement, we are also kicking off a competition to find the fastest implementation of matrix multiplication in purely managed code. The winner of this competition will receive 1500$ and we will integrate his code into our open source codebase. I’m excited to see some creative coding in the next few weeks!

announcements, creative life, F#, Idea, Info, research, Scientific Computing, sources, and more:

Math.Net Numerics + writing